AMAZING for special occasions such as Valentine’s Day. Brings the wow factor with limited effort.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 27m
- Total Time: 32m
- Serves: 2 people
- Yield: 2 steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups red wine shiraz or shiraz/cab blend preferred
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate (70% or more cacao) chopped
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 1 dash pepper
- Heat a heavy bottomed skillet to high heat and add olive oil. Rub filets liberally on both sides with salt and pepper
- Once olive oil is shimmering add filets to pan for 3-4 minutes. flip filets after 3-4 minutes and let them crisp on the other side for the same amount of time
- Once the other side has crisped add butter and rosemary to the pan and baste the filets for as long as you want depending on your done-ness preference. I basted for about 5 or six more minutes and they were about medium.
- Once meat is done to your liking wrap it in foil to rest. Turn down heat to medium-low and add garlic to pan
- Cook garlic until fragrant (2-3 minutes) and add red wine. Simmer for a few minutes and then add chile powder and pepper. Allow these to simmer together for about 20 minutes until you can pull a spoon through the liquid and see a clear separation on the bottom of the pan.
- At this point turn off the heat and whisk in chocolate. Once chocolate is fully melted and incorporated strain the sauce so you are just left with liquid gold.
- Top steaks with this delicious sauce and serve with whichever sides you prefer. I made cinnamon sweet potatoes and broccoli.