light and healthy with the hearty-ness of eggplant and the added decadence of cheese. This would also be good with the addition of asparagus.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 30m
- Serves: 2 people
- Yield: 2-3 servings
- Category: Vegetarian
- cup tricolor quinoa
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1/2 cup goat or feta cheese
- 1 cup spinach (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Spray a baking sheet and add eggplant and chickpeas. Drizzle with Olive oil, salt, pepper, and a bit of red pepper flakes if you want a little kick
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In the mean time cook quinoa according to package. In the last few minutes add in pesto and stir to combine
- Once quinoa is finished and the pesto has been mixed in, add spinach so it has a few minutes to wilt. (optional step)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and top with cheese!