The most wonderful soup for the moments you don’t feel wonderful.
- Category: Paleo
- 4 pounds beef bones
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup thai basil if you can find it if not regular basil
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced beef of choice (top sirloin, london broil, flank steak...)
- 1 package dried rice noodles
- 4 quarts water
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 pods, star anise
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 7 slices, fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon hoison, sriracha, or garlic chili sauce of your choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Roast beef bones in oven until browned, about 60 minutes
- Place bones, ginger, salt, star anise, and fish sauce in a large stockpot and cover with 4 quarts of water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer on low for 6 to 10 hours. Strain the broth into a saucepan and set aside.
- Reconstitute Rice noodles according to pkg instructions.
- Place Rice noodles, beef, and toppings (cilantro, basil, bean sprouts) in a bowl, ladle sauce over the noodles and add optional ingredients and lime. Enjoy!